Welcome to FNAHEC
First Nations Adult and Higher Education Consortium (FNAHEC) will nurture, foster, and protect First Nations' peoples to their own particular identity through the collective, cooperative and mutually beneficial efforts of our member institutions, while sharing and promoting indigenous based initiatives to maintain and perpetuate our ways of knowing. Values Respect the autonomy of our member institutions and communities. We are committed to decolonization of our minds and souls.
We are Indigenous communities, comprised of individuals secure in their identities, where lifelong ways of learning and knowing are respected, honoured and practiced.
- To promote control of First Nations standards of excellence in education through support of our own accreditation processes and mechanisms.
- To have effective strategic leadership to guide the organizational development and maintenance of FNAHEC to meet its identified needs.
- To build and maintain partnerships in the development and monitoring of appropriate legislation, policies, and regulations for First Nations adult and post-secondary educational programs and institutions.
- To develop and maintain a strong secretariat for effective communication and organizational management.
- To develop and provide a range of programs and services that respond to the ongoing and changing needs of FNAHEC members.
- To develop and pursue economic resources that will lead to long-term financial self-reliance of FNAHEC and its members.